As mentioned in our Year in Review post, at the beginning of December, my sister and I took our mom to New York City for her birthday. It was something we had been dreaming about our whole lives and planning for over a year and half.
My mom grew up and worked in and around the city. As a child, her parents would take the family out to dinner and to Radio City to see the Rockettes as part of her birthday celebration. This was our goal and it was FANTASTIC!In addition to our show at Radio City Music Hall, we had several other "must dos" on our list which included afternoon tea at The Plaza, Christmas shopping at F.A.O Schwarz, pizza in Little Italy, and of course Bloomingdales!
I wanted so badly to come home with a "Brown Bag" even if it was only a little one. But, we did better than that. Not only did I come home with a "Little Brown Bag", I came home with what is now one of my favorite purchases of all time...
My Bloomingdale's mug!
Now, as I sip my coffee each morning, I am reminded of our wonderful trip and the special time spent in an amazing city with my even more amazing family!
Best.Purchase.Ever.

1 comment:
I agree wholeheartedly! Everytime I see my cup, it makes me smile. Love you!!
Post a Comment