Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Clothes

It has come again. Thursday. It's never been my favorite day of the week. Let's face it. Is there a day that we wake up feeling worse than Thursday...4 days into our work/school week?

However, over the past few months, Thursdays around our house have evolved into a respite of sorts, following what is generally a fairly busy beginning to the week. Thursday is my day to play catch up on laundry, cleaning,organizing, and do I dare say blogging? I don't like to make plans on Thursdays unless they involve staying home. On Thursdays hair usually doesn't get brushed, make-up is seldom applied, meals consist largely of leftovers, and our apparel is something I now lovingly refer to as "Thursday clothes".

Thursday clothes are a lot of things. Thursday clothes are comfortable. Thursday clothes are roomy. Thursday clothes can get dirty. Thursday clothes occasionally coordinate. Thursday clothes are things I would not be caught dead wearing out in public.

Thursday clothes are NOT stylish. Thursday clothes are not always the right size. Thursday clothes don't always come out of our own closet (some of my favorite Thursday clothes are baggy t-shirts I pull from my hubby's dresser). Thursday clothes are not flattering.

But, oh how I love my Thursday clothes! We all have them. Thursday clothes are the t-shirts you have had since college that are so soft and comfy that you don't care about the holes you've worn in the front. Thursday clothes are the baggy bottomed sweat pants that are so roomy and comfortable, but that your husband does not find sexy.

We all have, love, and need our Thursday clothes. They are an outward expression of the comfort, warmth, and simplicity that we crave so much during a busy week. Yours may be Monday or Friday clothes. Whatever day is yours to slow down, throw on your clothes and enjoy your day!


1 comment:

Stacey said...

I want to start having a comfy clothes day!!