Sunday, April 6, 2008

April, already???

Is it just me or have the last three months been a blur? This year is already going entirely too fast! I cannot believe it is already April 6th. For us, that means May 25th and the arrival of our little girl is just around the corner- a thought that is both exhilerating and a bit frightening at the same time. We are so thrilled to have a new addition to our family (and especially a precious baby girl at that) but I would be less than candid if I didn't admit that there are days I wonder if I can handle the demands of a newborn and a VERY active 2 1/2 year old little boy. I suppose it's like anything else in life...you just DO IT. We are getting Sofia's room in order a little bit at a time and it is finally looking like a nursery. We are looking forward to completing that project in a few weeks when our new laptop arrives and we can officially remove our computer and what remains of the office. That adds to the excitement! This week we are looking forward to another doctor's appointment and a baby shower. Not only that, but a much anticipated visit from my mom and "Grandma" Lisa. It will be so wonderful to have them both here, especially for our shower on Saturday. Daniel can't stop talking about his "grandmas" and will be thrilled to see them when we meet them at the airport! Sunday we will celebrate Fernando's 32nd birthday and I will be particularly relieved that we will officially be the same age and he will be forced to quit calling me, quite literally, his "old lady". :) I am looking forward to making it a very special day, since he will be traveling a majority of the next three weeks. I am gearing up for my upcoming role as a single parent, a role that becomes increasingly difficult with my expanding belly and continuous lack of sleep. And I will, undoubtedly, spend much time on my knees in prayer while he is gone. Not to mention that Daniel and I will be having our Potty Training day at some point between now and the 1st of May- granted I can pull everything together to make it a success. It's a day I'm actually looking forward to because I know he will enjoy his "party". The next several weeks will bring many changes to the Orona household, but all of them will be milestones and definitely worth remembering.

2 comments:

Allison said...

You'll get through it. Don't pressure yourself to even shower more than every other day. Don't plan to go anywhere for a while, because the thought of taking 2 little ones out is too daunting at first. Forget cleaning. Co-sleeper and swaddling was a life saver! It took that much less time to get back to sleep, because I didn't need to walk anywhere. Learn to nurse while you do dishes, chase Daniel, put him down for a nap and so on. It'll make life easier. Forget potty training, if he doesn't have it down before until the fog lifts from having a newborn. Don't be afraid to ask for help directly. Oh, can we say baby gear, baby gear and more baby gear. Get a glider for her. I'm not referring to the new rocking chairs. We loaned ours to a friend, and he LOVED it. It was the greatest thing. We were selling our house at that time, so it was really helpful. Here it is at Babies R Us. http://www.toysrus.com/reviews/index.jsp?productId=2265136&pr_campaign_id=product_page. You'll be fine. I't a little rough at first, but it does get better.

Andrea said...

You are one of the strongest people I know. If anyone can handle everything you've got on your plate and what's about to be dumped on it, I know you can! :)