Monday, August 1, 2011

Another School Year

I'm coming to terms with the fact that another school year is upon us.  Yes, only two days until we get back into the "swing of things".  It's a bittersweet time.  On one hand this mother is wishing to see ALL three of her children headed out the door with backpacks on Wednesday morning, after what seems like an eternity of whining, fighting, and sweating buckets.  But on the other hand, the perceived loss of freedom that comes with having to get up and out the door at what seems like an ungodly hour to start school, is disheartening.  At the moment it is 7:30.  My kids are happily munching on peanut butter toast, watching tv, and I am blogging in my pajamas while sipping my coffee.  Aaah, the lazy days of summer.  I'm not quite ready to let go...

Fourty-eight hours from now, I will be a giant ball of stress, throwing lunch and school supplies in a backpack, shouting orders for kids to get shoes on, and mercilessly brushing through a rat's nest of curls to get my three kids presentable enough to take just one to his first day of school.

How much enjoyment can I squeeze out of these two days before they're gone?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I completely relate to this post! The summer flew by. Not sure I'm ready to be up and going so early each morning either. Half of them go to school and half stay home with Mommy. Luckily the half that stay home still enjoy a nap so I can, too :o)