Monday, July 25, 2011

Christmas In July

My mom and I celebrated our 5th annual Christmas In July over the weekend.  It has quickly become one of my favorite days of the year and is in danger of pulling ahead of the day after Thanksgiving.  What is Christmas in July you ask?  In our world it consists of two grown women, plastered to the television ogling everything Christmas from decor to gift ideas on QVC.  It includes wonderfully smelling candles, Christmas cookies, a pine cone (our family's favorite Christmas appetizer), pots of coffee, and piles of Christmas idea books.  It's our day to get a jump start on our holiday shopping and planning and we love it!

We've been told on more than one occasion that we're crazy, but I think the word "crazy" is highly relative.  To me, crazy are the people running around like headless chickens the month of December, stressed to the max and burning up their credit cards to buy gifts in a pinch. 

What was accomplished this year amid lots of laughing and even more eating?   Gifts for eight teachers and the school office staff, a present for my sister-in-law, and I managed to pick up a couple goodies for myself- all from the comfort of my parent's living room.  All in all, I'd say it was a successful day!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

What a great idea! I've already bought several gifts for the kiddos. I start finding clearance stuff now to set aside for later!