Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We Did It...We Did it...

Virtual high five to those of you who now have the Dora the Explorer theme song stuck in your head. Welcome to my world!

There is a feeling of celebration and accomplishment at the Orona household today after managing to tearlessly get Daniel to school for his first day of Kindergarten. He was as confident as ever and headed into his classroom without so much as a wave...little booger. But, I do know the alternative, especially as I think back to the sheer hell I put my own mother through on my first day of kindergarten, and I am grateful that he did as well as he did.

I, on the other hand, was not completely tearless and arrived back at home with ever-so-slighly watery eyes, but did manage to avoid emotional breakdown.

(insert sigh of relief here)

Anxious to find out how the day went as I cannot stop looking at the clock and wondering..."what are they doing now?"

No comments: