Thursday, August 5, 2010

One Down....179 to go!

Headed back to school this afternoon to pick up Daniel and had my worst fear realized. No mother wants to pick up her child from school, the FIRST day nonetheless, and have the teacher approach smirking and shaking her head.

Quite literally, I had a mini-stroke as my brain began to run through a list of horrible possibilities at lightening speed. Images of everything from emotional breakdown to de-pantsing a classmate suddenly appeared in my mind and I set my jaw and prepared to face the music.

Thankfully, she just wanted to share that Daniel was slightly ahead of the other students in the class, or as she so eloquently stated, "he's super smart." Apparently she got a kick out of the fact that he was reading the rules chart with her on the first day of school. She laughed as she told me that she heard a voice and couldn't figure out where it was coming from until she looked down at him and there he was reading a long as if he was supposed to. I began breathing again at that point and graciously thanked her, still slightly in need of defibrillation, I'm afraid.

I joking replied that I was surprised he wasn't singing the rule chart with her. She unwittingly laughed if off.

If she only knew...

No comments: