My grandfather meant the world to me and showed me what selfless love was all about. He was patient, kind, and slow to anger. He was the rock that our family depended on and was the one we could all go to for sound advice. He loved sitting with us and helping us with our homework, playing games with us, and making us laugh. He kept us smiling and singing with his music and left us a tremendous legacy. He's been gone for almost 8 years now, but the mere thought of him always brings a smile to my face.
I am so thankful to have had the experience of growing up with a loving father. He wasn't flawless, as he'll readily admit. Neither was I. But, no matter what, there were always a few things I knew about my dad. He loved me unconditionally...and does to this day. I knew that he'd do anything in his power to provide for me and protect me. And he did! I knew that if I tried hard and did my best, no matter what the outcome, he'd be proud of me. And he was! And I knew that he could always make me laugh by tickling me and somehow (though to this day, I cannot figure out how) throwing, flawlessly rolled balls of paper towels right into the back of my head while I ran away. And he would! :) Dad showed me the value of hard work and taught me to respect others. He would give the shirt off his back and instilled in me the importance of giving sacrificially and helping others. Above all else, he showed me that his family was his life. I love that I had those wonderful experiences with my dad and am so thankful that he taught me some of life's most important lessons.
It thrills me to know that my kids have a daddy that loves them the same way. I am proud of the man that I married and the fact that he is such an amazing dad to his kids. I love watching their faces light up every time he walks through the door and hearing them shout "Daddy" almost in unison. I relish in the giggles I hear as he rolls around with them on the floor tickling them until they almost can't breathe but keep begging for more. I am proud of the fact that I am married to a man who would do anything in his power to provide for his family and that he lets us know that he loves us, no matter what!
To the three most amazing men I've ever known...
Happy Father's Day

No comments:
Post a Comment