Thursday, June 10, 2010

Who Needs to Shower?

It is 7:45 and for the first time, in a LONG time, the house is still quiet. Summer has interrupted our schedule enough that the kids are going to bed later and sleeping in (as much as can be expected when the sunlight begins pouring in to the room at 5:30 am). But this morning is special and uncharacteristically so. In my estimation, I have about 15 minutes before the morning inevitably interrupts the quiet and so, instead of rushing to take a shower before the kids wake up, I'm choosing to write.

Oh how I wish I could spend the day in quiet- especially in light of all that's happened over the last few months. What a priceless gift it would be to be alone with my thoughts- to read, to write, to pray...

I suppose that's unrealistic with three small children in the house, but a girl can dream, can't she? :-)

No comments: