Our day began early, at 4:30 am to be exact, with what would be the first of literally dozens of contractions. It was painful enough to wake me from a sound sleep, as was the contraction that came just after 5:00 am. They continued in 30 minute intervals for a couple hours and I was fairly convinced that after time they would get closer together. They did and, although it was slow going, by this afternoon my contractions were closer to 10 minutes apart. Although they weren't unbearably painful (in comparison to some I've had in the past) they did continue to come closer and closer together until they were within 5 minutes of each other, at which point we hopped in the truck and headed to the hospital. With as slowly as things had progressed, we anticipated that it would be a long night.
However, when we got to the hospital and I was examined we found that after over 12 hours of consistent contractions, we had made zero progress (insert "Debbie Downer" music here). My doctor ordered an ultrasound to check fluid levels and make sure the baby was okay. All looked well and I was given some percocet for the pain in hopes that it would help my body relax and progress. It did help the pain and ,while I didn't progress, boy was I happy!
We're glad our baby boy is doing well and is comfy cozy for now. Unfortunately for me, I am home and still having contractions over 16 hours later.... It could be a VERY long weekend!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope that baby has come out by now. Good luck.
What a difficult day! I hope its gotten better by now.
Post a Comment