Friday, May 29, 2009

35 Weeks

We're getting closer and I find myself looking forward to Fridays more than ever knowing they bring the start of a new week in our countdown. Our little munchkin is now approximately 18 inches long, which explains why I feel as if my uterus is housing an octopus, and weighs about 5 1/4 lbs- around the same amount as a honeydew melon according to babycenter.com (who comes up with this stuff?).

We have survived the first week alone while Fernando travels and can now cross that off our "list of things that need to happen before baby arrives". We sure missed him, but we are thankful for our friends and family that came to our aid this week providing meals, helping with baths, doing laundry, and playing with the kiddos. We couldn't have done it without you!

This weekend we will embark on our final baby preparation journey (surprise, Babe!). My goal is to get the crib set up, purchase a new dresser for the baby's clothes, and pack my suitcase for the hospital. Then I can clear my head of all the "stuff" that's crowding it. If I can manage to behave myself today, I might even be able to take a short trip to Babies R Us to pick up a few necessary items, although Mom might insist that she push me around in a wheelchair- an idea I was strongly opposed to until recently. It's amazing how desperate one can get to spend time in the outside world after two weeks of watching really bad daytime television.

Each day, we get a little bit closer and the light at the end of the tunnel burns a little brighter! "Thirty-five weeks" has a really nice ring to it! :)

2 comments:

Sarah Cabott said...

Wow sooner and sooner and he will be here no time!

Christie Brown said...

Branden likes to watch Maury. He says it makes him feel like royalty. You are a better person then I, I am not sure I could be on bed rest, someone might get hurt. Hang in there.