Friday, February 27, 2009

Let the Slacking Begin...

Truthfully, it began about 48 hours after I found out I was pregnant for the 2nd time in 12 months. :) As we get closer and closer to welcoming our newest addition and temperatures continue to rise (is it really going to be close to 90 degrees this weekend?), I become lazier and lazier and so does my mind. My baby girl reached the 9 month mark last week and I failed to recognize it. Not only that, but she still has not visited her doctor for her "well-child" check-up since she was 6 months old. Sad, but true. I did manage to make an appointment and we will be going in a couple of weeks, just shy of her 10 month birthday. :) Better late than never, right??? That's what I keep telling myself. In my defense, I did manage to get the dog to the groomer this week (which was LONG overdue) and help Daniel finish his school project. I even finished a few loads of laundry and cleaned a bathroom (insert momentary pause for applause here). It's amazing what you can accomplish when you set the bar pretty low.

3 comments:

Kim Milius said...

Hey, never discount those "small victories"! We should all celebrate those more than we do. I remember the feelings you're going through, but someone told me to . . . " remember that you're 'creating' another human being right now . . . isn't that a pretty amazing thing & big job all by itself?" So, give yourself a break; you deserve it!

Allison said...

You're doing great. Don't worry about it. Tomorrow is another day, right.

Your post did remind me of what a friend often says, "You just have to lower your expectations." He was talking about what we expect out of other people, but I think it can apply personally when pregnant. :-)

Schatz said...

Happy Birthday! By the way, how far about are these two going to be? I can't wait to see what van you choose and I hope we can get together for dinner next weekend, will you be able to? and good for you for just getting those things done...boy or girl, or do we know yet???