Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Growing Up!


It's happening, whether I want it to or not! Our little boy is growing up. Today was Daniel's first official day of preschool, something I was looking forward to...until I dropped him off. He was so excited and ran to give hugs to his teachers, Miss Nicole and Miss Heidi, both of whom are friends of ours from church and probably the best teachers he could have in the world! Backpack and water bottle in hand, he waved goodbye and I turned to head back to the car. Initially, I was looking forward to a quiet morning at home alone with Sofia, who would be napping most of the time. But I found the quiet surprisingly disturbing as I realized my little boy is growing up and, little by little, needing me less.


The best part of the day, for me anyway, was pulling up outside his school and seeing his little happy face. He told me all about the games he played, the songs he sang, the stories he heard, and the friends he made. He can't wait until Thursday...that makes one of us.



4 comments:

Michael Gray said...

Two of us...I'm excited for Thursday too! But I sympathize with you, I know how fast these past 8 months have gone, I can't imagine dropping Harrison off at school! I'm sure it will be here before I know it!

-Heidi

Schatz said...

I know exactly what you're going through....so sad.

littlemomentsinaz said...

I still miss Kaylee every m,w and f when she is at preschool. Next year I have to do everyday, yuck. I was super sick for Kaylee's first day of preschool so I plan to take full advantage of the first day of kindergarten, most likely I will completly break down.

Gina Marie said...

Having them so confident and excited at school is a mixed blessing. Enjoy him mom!

Gina, Fernando's friend from H2H