Saturday, July 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Yes, Christmas in July. It takes me this long to recover from the previous year's holiday season. But, it never fails that by July 25th, I'm ready to gear up for the upcomoing festivities. One of my new favorite traditions is celebrating Christmas in July each year, and thanks to QVC, I can do that. Even if I have to do it by myself (which I do). Last year, my mom and I sat at home, each with a cell phone in hand and a plate of Christmas cookies in front of us, watched hours of Christmas programming and shopped. This year I was flying solo and had to watch in between taking care of the kids, but I still had a great time. No Christmas cookies this year, but I lit my favorite holiday candle and that helped me forget the fact that it was 98 degrees outside with 90% humdity. So, once again, I was able to kick of my Christmas shopping season nice and early. Laugh all you want. When my shopping is done by Thanksgiving and we are not penniless the entire month of December, you'll be admiring me!

QVC is my vice. No I have not purchased any holiday sweaters or useless figurines, but I do love finding some unique bargains. Where else can you get a Dooney and Bourke bag on 5 easy payments (with NO interest- thank you very much)? And, with two small kids, there is nothing better than shopping from the comfort of your living room. QVC doesn't care if I haven't had time to shower or brush my teeth!

No comments: