I looked at the calendar this morning to see that it's the 29th day of the month. Why is it that the older I get, the faster time goes by (except for when we are at the doctor's office and time apparently stands still)? August will be here by the end of the week. Perhaps we have just had a very busy and rather pleasant month, with the exception of a three hour plane ride during which a croupy toddler hacked all over both of my kids and super-sized beverages were apparently offered to everyone seated in the first 15 rows of the aircraft, creating a constant stream of passengers en route to the bathroom (I don't care how much my kids scream on the plane. Next time, we are NOT sitting in the back).
We spent 10 whirlwind days in Phoenix visiting family and friends. Yes, Phoenix in July. Alltel flew Fernando out so that he could work and it made more sense to me to bring the kids along. Let me put it this way... 2 round trip tickets to Phoenix- $700, 40 bottles of water to keep us from dehydrating- $12, 14 extra hands to hold, feed, and burp a baby while I chase her older brother around...PRICELESS!
No offense to our friends or family, but I do have to say that the best part of the trip was the 24 hours we got to spend away from Phoenix. Ginormous thanks to our moms for "taking one for the team" and watching our kiddos while we went to Flagstaff!
It's always great to get back to Phoenix. We love and miss our friends and family and enjoy spending time with them, even though it goes by so fast. Such is life!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm bummed I didn't get to see you while you were here! But I'm glad you had a great vacation!
Miss ya!
You are very welcome for introducing you to that blessed invention. I keep telling people it's worth EVERY penny.
(I didn't know where to post my reply to your glider side note.)
Post a Comment