
We have made it to 35 weeks and are officially in the home stretch. As I readied myself this morning for what will be the first of several weekly invasive examinations, I was painfully reminded of all the things I am no longer able to do. Don't get me wrong. Pregnancy brings such joy and change to one's life each day, especially during the 3rd trimester. We marvel daily at the new and exciting things I am able to accomplish. What woman capable of taking on a room full of drunken frat boys in a belching contest wouldn't be beaming with pride?
Alas, the following is a list of things I can no longer manage to accomplish...
-seeing my feet
-drinking water without getting heartburn
-lying down
-getting up
-sitting
-standing
-sleeping
-wearing black and not resembling a penguin
-going longer than 10 minutes without a bathroom break
-buckling my seat belt
-picking anything up off the floor
-laughing without wetting my pants
-sneezing without wetting my pants
-getting off of the couch
-finishing a sentence with less than 3 deep breaths
-tying my shoes
-changing a diaper without getting winded
-walking about the house without bumping into at least one piece of
furniture
-remembering minor events
-remembering major events
Over the course of the next 5 weeks, I will experience the pleasure of seeing more and more menial tasks added to this list and look forward to the joy that will bring! This leads me to the inevitable question...are we done yet???

2 comments:
You look wonderful! I love the list. I pray you are sleeping, and looking forward to Fernando hom,e for the weekend. Love you!
You look great! Ugh, the heartburn is definately something I don't miss. Good luck, I'm sure everything will go wonderful and pretty soon you'll have your baby girl in your arms!
Post a Comment