Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

...and a happy birthday it was! I'm so lucky to be married to a man who determines to make my birthday special each year and make sure that I feel loved and appreciated. He always succeeds! Thanks babe!

This year, I was treated to having my house cleaned professionally. What a way to start the weekend! My birthday morning, I received the second gift, a Chi- something I've wanted for what seems like forever, but NEVER would have purchased for myself. (incidentally, my 3rd gift was the ability to do my hair in about 5 minutes!) We then headed over to my parent's house for an amazing birthday breakfast, which included egg & green chile casserole, crispy bacon, home style potatoes, bagels and cream cheese, fresh berries, and coffee cake. A pregnant woman's dream! Gift #4 was the offer to stay home with the kids so that my mom and I could spend the day shopping. One of the things I missed the most about being away from home was our "girl's days out". Mom and I haven't gotten to have many since we returned, so that was a special part of the day.

The party continued today when Fernando's family came over for lunch and cake. It was really the first time we've all been together since the holidays and a blessing that everyone was healthy enough to be there. Fernando did all the shopping, prepared and served the food, and cleaned up. What a sweet guy to spoil me so much! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday, and more, importantly, a better hubby.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Can you get Fernando to talk to Tony? :-)

Kim Milius said...

Sounds like a great day! What a great husband you have!

Schatz said...

Shoot, he had me fooled.

Just playin'!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Eileen! Our birthdays are pretty close together and I didn't even realize it.

What a great hubby!