This might just be one of those moments only a mother could love, but it was so precious I had to share it...
Every night before bed, like most people we know, we read books with Daniel and say our prayers. The prayers of a three-year-old are fairly simplistic, especially since this is a concept that Daniel is just beginning to learn. Traditionally they go something like this...
"Dear Jesus,
Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and baby Sofia, and Grandma and Peepaw, and Nana and Tata, and Aunt Nancy and Wunka Wade, and Tio Alex and Tia Julie...."
You get the picture. Ordinarilly, Daniel needs some assistance in listing every member of our family that he is thankful for, but inevitably he gets them all.
Today, we had a wonderful time with the Bouie's at Eboni's birthday party where Daniel got to run around on the playground and eat cupcakes. It really doesn't get any better than that for a little boy. Naturally, in the course of his running, he fell and, ever so slightly, skinned his knee. Regardless of how minor the injury may have seemed, it made an impression on Daniel. Tonight's prayer was something a little different and entirely from Daniel's heart.
It went like this...
"Dear Jesus,
Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Sofaloafaloafapia. And I pray for my bunka knee, and for my knee. 'Cuz today I went to the park and jumped on the slide and I fell and I bunka knee. And I pray for my knee. Thank you, Jesus, for dying on the cross for my sins.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen."
(Insert tears here)
It is so precious that Daniel knows he is speaking to God and that He will help his knee feel better! I think my favorite part is that he explained how he bunked his knee- as if God had no idea. :) So sweet and innocent! Naturally, we pray that Daniel will grow in the knowledge of the Lord, know Him as his personal Savior, and live to serve Him. We are so blessed that he is surrounded by others who help to pour truth into his little life. A special thank you to our family, friends, and our church family at PVC.
And yes, Button, Jesus will help your bunka knee!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Precious.
That is great! We love hearing our children pray... it's amazing what happens when they just talk honestly to God. I think they teach us lessons for life!
Post a Comment