Friday, January 16, 2009

Bad Chemistry

Science was never my favorite subject in school, nor the one that I excelled at. And when it came time for chemistry my junior year of high school, I worked really hard to keep my grades up. I memorized the elements and learned how to solve all the equations, but I always felt like it was all just a little beyond me. In the chemistry of life, however, there is one thing I am certain of. There are two elements that DO NOT mix... a stubborn 3-year-old and a fresh batch of pregnancy hormones. Every day has been more of a challenge than the one before and I am reluctant to assume it will get any better between now and July. In my previous entry I relayed the story of my failure as a parent in laughing at Daniel's indignation. "This is idiculous" is now his favorite phrase and one that has lost all humor (Not to mention that it has been joined by "Give me a break" and "Did you hear what I said?"). The following is a list of things that Daniel now deems "idiculous".


  • Eating
  • Having his hair brushed
  • Not throwing things at his sister
  • Wearing underwear
  • Using the toilet
  • Washing his hands
  • Brushing his teeth
  • Cleaning his playroom
  • Wearing shoes
  • Going to bed

I'm no longer laughing...

2 comments:

Kim Milius said...

Congratulations on the new baby. I missed that original post, but went back to read it. I'm excited for you! We're heading to the dr. soon for another round of IVF, so consider this a blessing!

Stacey said...

Uh-oh, sounds like Daniel's starting to test the waters a little more. Don't worry, it won't last long :o)