Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bah Humbug

I'm not sure why it is...but for some reason, every year, I lose my Christmas "spirit" around three days before Christmas. This year is no different. Maybe it's the crowds of rushing, rude people that are seemingly everywhere. Maybe it's the stress of the last minute things I forgot that just need to be done. Maybe it's sheer exhaustion from spending the previous 2 months making Christmas special. Whatever the case may be, around this time, I begin wishing I could go to sleep and wake up on the 26th (or better yet, January 2nd). We have so much to be thankful for this year, as always, and are thrilled to be home. We are excited about being a part of the Christmas Eve services at Palm Valley- even though the very thought of singing 6 services makes me tired-we can't wait to see the look on Daniel's face Christmas morning and celebrate our first Christmas with our little Sofaloaf. But I still can't seem to shake the funk I'm under. I'm sure the stress and whirlwind of the move has a lot to do with it. It could also be attributed to the fact that I have one of the worse head colds I've had in years. Singing six services will be extra challenging this year. Ultimately, I think it's because my grandma fell leaving our house Sunday night and broke her hip. Thankfully, she made it through surgery just fine. So again we have much to be grateful for.

I suppose it could be a culmination of everything. I know it will pass, most likely at around 4:00 this afternoon when the band starts to play- seems to happen that way every year. The attack of the enemy is no joke and we've been under heavy fire the last month. Even as I write this, I realize that this happens every time we sing. Someone doesn't want us up there. All the more reason to claim the promises of God and rejoice in the birth of His Son. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Amen! I can't wait to hear your beautiful voices singing praising again this week. It hasn't been the same without you. What a blessing to have you guys home again.

Hang in there... I pray the funk will pass quickly!