Far too many days have passed since I last updated our blog and it's about time I do so...
Fernando and I have been much like ships passing in the night between his work trips and my visits to friends and family- which have ceased indefinitely until some time after Sofia arrives. We are hoping to bring her back to Phoenix as soon as possible so that her great-grandmother can see her in person, even if it means traveling to the desert in the summer. Oy!
In the meantime, we are determined to get the house in order before the end of May. Or shall I say, I am determined to get the house in order before the end of May. I'm pretty sure I've entered the "nesting" phase of pregnancy, which is particularly heinous in our household considering my already obsessive compulsive nature when it comes to cleanliness and organization. Fernando would greatly appreciate your prayers!
We are already at 30 weeks which is so hard to believe. The fatigue has returned and I don't anticipate it leaving until some time around October or November. Something to look forward to...In the meantime, I just try to muster enough energy to chase Daniel around the house and get everybody fed each day- a feat in and of itself. If I have a Dr. Pepper or two, I may even manage to do a load of laundry and/or make our bed. :)
It's another rainy day in Little Rock (shocking), although the rain hasn't actually started falling yet. It is just gloomy and we managed to lose our power already for a short time. I would love for someone to be able to explain that phenomenon to me! Fernando is on his way to Shreveport, Louisiana, for the next few days so Daniel and I are on our own. I managed to change out of my pajamas, but it's looking like that will be the extent of it for me today. Daniel is currently running around in a diaper (and 1 sock) until his "Snowman" jammies are done in the dryer. He insisted on wearing them all day today, which, of course, meant doing a load of laundry. Some days it's just not worth the fight.
As I write, Daniel is tearing through a box of his baby sister's toys and reveling in his discoveries. He has also reverted to chewing on teething rings and shaking rattles. This will undoubtedly last until the theme song for "Max and Ruby" echoes from the family room.
I hope to accomplish something of value today, I have a list of "Things To Do" a mile long, but something tells me my day will consist of getting Daniel milk, watching a bazillion episodes of Go, Diego, Go, and listening to the Sasquatch stomp around upstairs (a story for a blog yet to come).
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sophie is REALLY into Max and Ruby right now, too. Actually, I think it's Max that she likes-- not so much Ruby. But I feel your pain.
When Sophie started talking, she referred to Go Diego Go as "Gee-Dee-Go-Go." And somehow I knew what she meant!
Also-- the visual of Daniel in a diaper and one sock? Hilarious! That's happened around our house more times than I can count.
Wish we could get together. Something tells me Daniel and Sophie would get along REALLY well! :)
Post a Comment