Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Mom, I Want to Move to a New House"

I'm coming to terms with the fact that this phrase was uttered by my 5 year old today. I understand that he's been couped up in the house for the last six days with the flu and is in need of a change. However, having moved five times in the last three years, the term "move" sends chills down my spine.

Imagine my alarm, then, when I received the following text from my husband later this afternoon-
"Guess who's moving"

(insert mini-stroke here)

Thankfully, the answer is NOT us. Although that was my first guess. I'm also thankful that my husband assures me he would not choose to announce something so large through a text message.

I am not convinced that God doesn't have another big move for us in the future, but we plan on crossing that bridge IF and when we come to it. In the meantime, we are happy and content right where we are and are not in a hurry to pack up yet another house.

Sorry, buddy, regardless of how much fun you think it is to move into a new house, you're just going to have to live here a little while longer!

No comments: