That's me! Recently I've been feeling like I haven't gotten enough attention from friends and family, so I determined a trip to the hospital and the possibility of a preterm delivery was just the thing I needed to get my loved ones to focus on me for a while. And it worked!
Are you sensing my sarcasm? I hope so because I'm laying it on pretty thick-
More accurately speaking, this morning I became a tad nervous when I felt something similar to my water breaking the day I delivered Sofia. I ignored it for a while, until it happened again a few hours later. I called the doctor's office and, being that I am only 27 weeks along, was told by the nurse to head directly to the labor and delivery department at the hospital.
When we arrived, the monitor indicated that I was having fairly regular contractions and the look on the nurse's face led us to believe that there was much more cause for concern than we had originally anticipated. We were told that she would do an exam and, if in fact my water had broken, we would most likely be sent downtown to Good Samaritan where the advanced NICU is.
Immediately we had visions of our little one hooked up to countless tubes and monitors and daily trips to the NICU to be with him/her. There was also great possibility of an extended hospitalization for me in hopes to let the baby's lungs mature prior to delivery. We did a lot of praying in the triage room as we awaited the results of the test.
That few minutes seemed like hours as we waited, but the news was definitely worth the wait. My water had not broken, my contractions began to slow, and everything was as it should be. I received extensive instructions before being discharged and will return to the doctor's office on Monday for my scheduled exam. We are so thankful that everything is okay and our little one is healthy.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Boy, you really have a way of drawing out the suspense. I was worried reading through this and kept thinking, "what happened?!". So glad that it all ended well!
oh my word! that was only a couple of days after I saw you!!!! HOW CRAZY after all that talking about labor we did...then all that happened! I'm SO glad that things are good now and you're baby is safe and sound in there for a little while longer! :)
I heard you had to make a trip to the hospital and was concerned. I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay and did not go into early labor! Take it easy and get some rest!!
Post a Comment