Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Want my Mommy

Germs of some unknown sort entered our home the other day and are ruthlessly passing from one person to the next. Daniel started with a fever last Wednesday. By Thursday, the fever was almost gone, which gave way to the snuffy, runny nose and the horrible coughing. He managed to muster enough energy to Trick-or-Treat on Friday, but continues to battle the most stubborn cold he's ever had. Saturday morning, Sofia woke up with a fever, which reached it's peak that afternoon at 103 degrees. I had visions of us in the E.R. at Arkansas Children's Hopsital, but thankfully the Tylenol has managed to keep it down. It is still hovering aroun 100 degrees and she remains virtually snot free, at least at the moment. Over the last 5 days, we've gone through more Tylenol, cold medicine, and Kleenex that I ever thought possible, with no sign of relief.

Then, last night, the unthinkable happened. I found myself with a fever. I know what's coming. So here I sit, popping my own Tylenol, nursing back to health two sick kids, with a husband traveling to Florida for an entire week.

I want my mommy!

No matter how old you get, when you're sick, there's only one person who can make you feel any better. I remember countless times of laying on the couch with my pillow, remote control in hand, watching cartoons while mom brought me plenty of liquids and lunch on my metal Strawberry Shortcake tray. It's easy to want your mommy when you're not feeling your best. Who do you go to when you are the mommy?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Praying for you Eileen! It's not fun to be the Mom and be sick. Why aren't there sick days for Moms?

Rsymphony said...

Bless your heart! I’ll definitely be praying for you :)

Stacey said...

Is everyone feeling better yet?

The Orona Family said...

Everybody but me. For some reason, I can't shake this fever. It figures! :)