Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm Now An Expert

I consider myself a source of countless pieces of completely useless information. Today, I learned something that even amazed me. It is possible to clean an entire bottle of Mr. Bubbles out of carpeting- just in case you were wondering.

We are potty training...again. You parents of two and three year olds understand the "again". I can see you nodding sympathetically. I'm happy to report that we've been much more successful this time. Daniel has actually managed to "go" in the potty. This is quite an accomplishment considering the months it took for him to learn to sit on the thing. Two years and 4 potty seats later, we might actually accomplish this task! At any rate, he has managed to go, but prefers to do so with some privacy. Inevitabley, as soon as he's seated he asks us to leave. Pointing at the door and saying "Mommy, you go" is the three-year-old equivalent to asking, I suppose. This morning, I left as usual. Moments later Daniel appeared in the doorway of the bedroom. I put on my best "you did it!" face and prepared to overreact to his accomplishment. But, instead of telling me he did it, I was informed that he needed new socks. I immediately aniticipated the worst, or so I thought, and expected to find a puddle on the floor. I did, but it was not the puddle I was anticipating. It was a thick, slimy, soapy puddle and it was far worse than I assumed. One hour, 48 oz. of water, and an entire linen closet worth of towels later, I had gotten enough of it out of the carpet to consider my attempt a success. Praise God we are in a rental! :)

3 comments:

Rsymphony said...

Hahaha, it’s horrible to go through but these “fun” things make for great stories :) We’ve got to get Kylie potty trained before Kellan comes and I have no idea how to get her to understand…she went one day but then came crying to me saying her panties were wet. I asked her why they were wet and she said she didn’t know. She also claimed that she didn’t do it :)
Hopefully in the next nine weeks she’ll suddenly “get it!” If not we’re in for another “three in diapers” budget :) The joys of parenting!

kimbasa said...

:) i'm so glad your lil girl is back! and that she's sleeping through the night!!! yea, hurray!

so ...to change your blog...you can go to like pyzam.com and search through templates and copy/paste the code. :)

Stacey said...

That is so funny! At least he came and told you and wasn't sneaky about it, I guess. Trying to see the positive here :o)